Newly diagnosed? Haven’t had Parkinson’s-specific Physiotherapy?
Introductory Package: 4-week individual program with a Neurological Physiotherapist: (all 45min sessions)
- 1x individual assessment session and receive your Starter Kit and Client Workbook for exercises at home.
- Set of 3 x individual sessions to develop a tailored program to your Parkinson’s symptoms. With cardio, balance, co-ordination, correct use of gym equipment; or
After completing your first 4 weeks, you can continue with individual sessions or join one of our Parkinson’s-specific exercise groups (up to 8 adults) to maintain regular exercise with professional guidance:
All classes (45mins) are run by a Neurological Physiotherapist and include: balance, co-ordination, cardio and Parkinson’s exercise principles.
Individual Review Session after 10 weeks to assess health condition and exercise program (45 min). Ongoing reviews depending on your needs after 6 and/or 12 months.
You can then choose to continue with:
- Weekly individual sessions
- Weekly group sessions
- Join Healthways gym and follow your program at your convenience. $87 per month, no joining fee, unlimited sessions ($20.07 per week).
Research shows an intensive burst of rehab exercise each year for 8-10 weeks helps to keep you motivated and develop an ‘exercise is good medicine’ lifestyle. (Frazitta et al 2015).
Already done Parkinson’s-specific exercises through another program?
Parkinson’s Exercise Booster: (all 45min sessions)
- 1 x individual assessment session
- 1-2 x individual sessions to develop a tailored program to your Parkinson’s symptoms. With cardio, balance, co-ordination, correct use of gym equipment.
After completing the 3-week ‘Parkinson’s Exercise Booster’, choose to continue with:
- Weekly individual sessions
- Weekly group sessions: ‘ A Parkinson’s-specific exercise group (up to 8 adults) to maintain regular exercise with professional guidance.
- Join Healthways gym and follow your program at your convenience. ~ $87 per month, no joining fee, unlimited sessions ($20.07 per week).
We recommend you commit to a 10-week program to develop consistency with your exercise program: frequency, intensity, technique and fitness. Our goal is to help you develop an attitude that ‘exercise is as important as medicine, – in keeping you at your best’.
What to bring:
- Water bottle and towel, medication if due during session
- Wear comfortable gym clothes and runners
Location: Regain Life Physiotherapy operates from Healthways Recreation Centre, Mont Albert. 1-11 Arcade Road Mall, Mont Albert North.
Healthways provides free parking, good accessibility (no stairs) and a diverse range of gym equipment, including: treadmills, cross-trainers, boxing bags, cross-fit, Keiser resistance machines.
When are Parkinson’s exercise sessions run?
- Fridays, by appointment in the school term.
Find out more today and book an appointment. Discover the health benefits of exercise and enjoy more control and movement living with Parkinson’s.
Contact us to find out our fee schedule. You may be eligible for subsidies through the Medicare Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) plan or if you have Private Health Insurance ‘Extras Cover’.
Medicare rebate through EPC plan is $53.80 per session for 5 sessions per calendar year. You will need to pay the gap.
If you have Private Health Insurance ‘Extras Cover’ you will need to check with your insurer the rebate for the following codes:
- Code 500 Assessment
- Code 582 Neurological Physiotherapy
- Code 561 Class consultation
Other Neurological conditions
Discuss your situation with Marize to determine a plan best for you. Each client will require an assessment session followed by 2-4 individual sessions to develop a program you can carry out safely by yourself. Some people may require a buddy to supervise their transition between pieces of equipment to ensure safety whilst exercising.
- be coached individually 1x weekly and work on 4-6 weekly goals
- Join Healthways or your local gym and follow your program independently. Have you program reviewed 2-3 sessions every 3-4 months as required.